Date:      Sun, 24 Jul 2011 22:16:02 +0900 (JST)
From:      Hiroki Sato <hrs@FreeBSD.org>
To:        bruce@cran.org.uk
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: 8th July snapshot: bsdinstall not creating homedir

----Security_Multipart(Sun_Jul_24_22_16_02_2011_988)--

Bruce Cran <bruce@cran.org.uk> wrote
  in <A23D9339-458E-4A2D-8BDC-4EF1D283FD10@cran.org.uk>:

br> I've installed FreeBSD snapshots a couple of times this week. With
br> Virtualbox 4.1 on both Windows and OS X with a 20GB disk I've found
br> the installer forgets to create the homedir - /home doesn't exist, so
br> when you get placed at / when logging in.  Unfortunately
br> pub.allbsd.org seems to be queued up so I've not been able to try any
br> more recent snapshots (should the snapshot ISOs be labelled with
br> "-release.iso")?

 Sorry, due to a hardware trouble on Saturday some of the snapshots
 had to be removed.  It recovered already and generating ones as of
 July 21-24 now, FYI.

-- Hiroki