Date:      Wed, 19 Jun 2002 16:07:58 -0600
From:      Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
To:        Igor Roshchin <str@giganda.komkon.org>
Cc:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Apache 1.3.26 port

At 03:56 PM 6/19/2002, Igor Roshchin wrote:

>Brett,
>
>It's nice that you have so much energy to write so much e-mails
>to the mailing list.
>However, if you have so much time resources on you hand, why wouldn't you
>take a quick look in the files/patch-??  files ?
>If you did that, you'd see that one of the patches (patch-ab)
>introduces that.

Why would it need to be introduced if it was already in Apache?

>(see the excerpt from the patch file below).
>This way you would've saved your time, other people's time,
>and bandwidth, and produce produce a more useful result.

It wouldn't have changed the usefulness of what I said. Data is
deleted, period. True, it's done via the symlink "data.default",
but the result is the same as if /usr/local/www/data were nuked
directly.

>The author of the patch (sorry, don't have time to look into the cvs tree
>now)

If you didn't have time to look into the CVS tree, why are
you making a big deal about the fact that I didn't do so... especially
since what was wrong was already clear?

--Brett