Date:      Fri, 9 May 2003 01:19:09 +0200
From:      Christian Brueffer <chris@unixpages.org>
To:        Tom Rhodes <trhodes@freebsd.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PR: docs/37221 && docs/51886: mount_nfs(8) options.

--8G1nIWD3RY794FAy

On Thu, May 08, 2003 at 01:44:07PM -0400, Tom Rhodes wrote:
> Josh, Lars,
>=20
> After looking over this a little closer, I'm totally lost at why these
> PRs were filed.
>=20
> -p is listed in the manual page as a historic and deprecated option.
> -P is listed in the manual page as obsolete.
>=20
> I can understand removing them both from the usage message, however
> they seem to be documented fine in the manual page (as obsolete).
>=20
> Currently I have an email in to murray and bmah about this, and
> my personal opinion is that the manual page is fine.
>=20
> Any opinions on just removing the -P and -p option from the code
> and leaving the manual page as is?  What do the other -doc committers
> think about this?
>=20

Apparently mbr removed ISO support from the code a while ago (which
didn't work anyway) and these are leftovers.
It's not fatal if this stays in, but as it's something that isn't
even implemented anymore, it would be nice to be thrown out.

- Christian

--=20
Christian Brueffer	chris@unixpages.org	brueffer@FreeBSD.org
GPG Key:	 http://people.freebsd.org/~brueffer/brueffer.key.asc
GPG Fingerprint: A5C8 2099 19FF AACA F41B  B29B 6C76 178C A0ED 982D

--8G1nIWD3RY794FAy

--8G1nIWD3RY794FAy--