Date:      Wed, 21 Feb 1996 08:27:00 +0100 (MET)
From:      "Greg Lehey" <uranium!grog@mail.Germany.EU.net>
To:        nerv@nixpbe.pdb.sni.de (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org (FreeBSD Hackers)
Subject:   Re: I'd vote to put the CVS repository onto the next FreeBSD CD-Rom

> Well, as I said, I'll be doing my damndest to put the CVS tree on the
> next CDROM anyway since the only reason I didn't before was simply due
> to our self-imposed restrictions on it.
>
> However, you resurrect an earlier discussion I had earlier with WC,
> actually:  Would people be interested in SNAPSHOT CDs which also
> contain the CVS tree at the point of the snapshot and anything else I
> manage to cram on there?  The CD would come very cheaply packaged,
> would be available only by subscription and would probably be a fair
> bit cheaper (I can't say for sure what that would be, but it wouldn't
> be anything like the subscription price for the "mainstream" CD).
>
> Any interest?  How much would you WANT it to cost?  If I can present
> WC with a list of customer preferences, it will greatly influence
> those kinds of decisions.

Well, I like the idea, so much that I was going to say "yes, I'll take
one", until I realised that I already get the CVS updates on a daily
basis :-) But maybe that begs the alternative question: would you
(hackers, not Jordan) rather buy a snapshot CD for, say, $15 by the
time negotiations are finished, or would you rather download the
updates from time to time?

Greg