Date:      Tue,  5 Mar 2002 19:10:32 -0800 (PST)
From:      dannyman@toldme.com
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Cc:        dannyman@toldme.com
Subject:   docs/35575: Pw(8) man page makes no mention of /var/log/userlog

>Number:         35575
>Category:       docs
>Synopsis:       Pw(8) man page makes no mention of /var/log/userlog
>Confidential:   yes
>Severity:       non-critical
>Environment:
System: FreeBSD dell.dannyland.org 4.5-RELEASE FreeBSD 4.5-RELEASE #2: Mon Feb 11 23:17:34 PST 2002 root@dell.dannyland.org:/u/obj/u/src/sys/DELL i386

Apparently, there's this really nice log that pw keeps, in
/var/log/userlog.  There is absolutely no mention of this functionality
in the pw man page.

This would be very useful information for a SysAdmin who bothers to read
the pw man page to know. :)

>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:

At least mention /var/log/userlog in FILES.  It may be useful to
document the any relevant syslog information as well.

If nobody wants to "own" fixing this, then I'll roll up my sleeves, do
some research, and supply patches.

-danny