Date:      Thu, 19 Jun 1997 13:18:46 +0930 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au, jroberts@ashland.edu, francisco@natserv.com, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: When FreeBSD Desktop?

Jordan K. Hubbard stands accused of saying:
> > Just a gotcha with Xaccel right now; there's a serious bug in their
> > Matrox driver that gives you garbled colours on current-model
> > Milleniums.  Everything works OK, but colours as-seen on the the
> > screen are all wrong.  This is giving me the pip as we have a pile of
> > systems here that we can't ship until this is finished 8(
>
> Are you sure?  We've got tons of Milleniums here and haven't seen any
> problems with Xaccel 3.1.  Are these, like, brand new Milleniums just
> released this week or something? :)

No, we've had these for at least a month; they're 4M MGA-220's.  Xi
said that one of the chips (the TI ramdac, I think) was a newer
revision than the one they were using.  Nevertheless, we have quite a
pile of these cards, and they all exhibit the same symptoms.

I'd need a camera to actually show you, as the server thinks the
colours are fine.  Right now I just want a bomb to put under XI's
butts; we were counting on these guys working and so far we've only
been saved by the laziness of the trading company our customer is using.