Date:      Sat, 22 Sep 2001 13:52:02 -0700
From:      "Crist J. Clark" <cristjc@earthlink.net>
To:        Ian Morrison <ian@darq.net>
Cc:        Sunny Dubey <dubeys@bxscience.edu>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Bridging Questions

On Sat, Sep 22, 2001 at 09:24:52PM +0100, Ian Morrison wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 22, 2001 at 12:16:28PM -0700, Crist J. Clark wrote:
>
> > IPFilter does not work with bridging on FreeBSD.
>
> Oh.  Why's that then?  Might it work in the future?

Because no one has made it work. As for the technical reasons, I
believe Luigi is resposible for most of the bridging capabilities in
FreeBSD, and Darren is the guy who maintains IPFilter in FreeBSD. They
would be able to answer this.

It will work in the future if someone with the time, motivation, and
skills to get it to work goes in and makes the changes. Heck, if
someone gives me the motivation (i.e. $$$, job, etc.), I'll do it.

OTOH, OpenBSD has support for bridging and IPFilter. Well, it had
support. Dunno what the current status is after the licensing row and
the genesis of PF a few months back.