Date:      Fri, 11 Aug 2000 19:21:26 -0700 (PDT)
From:      John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Cc:        markk@knigma.org
Subject:   Re: -current kernel causes CVSup SetAttrs flood (was: cvsup overzealous)

[I changed the subject to something more represenative.]

In article <jay5cKALDIl5EwQX@knigma.org>,
Mark Knight  <markk@knigma.org> wrote:
> With world and kernel of 10th August, 01:00 GMT cvsup is reporting
> 'SetAttrs' adjustments for every file it encounters on repeated runs
> against a server that has not been updated.
>
> Running under an old kernel, cvsup is not performing any updates.

Stranger things have happened, but still I am skeptical of this.
Please make sure that the kernel is really the only difference.
Especially check that on each run you:

    - have the same umask

    - are logged in as the same user

    - are using the same cvsup command line and supfile

Thanks,
John