Date:      Mon, 11 Jan 1999 08:55:10 +0100 (CET)
From:      Andrzej Bialecki <abial@nask.pl>
To:        Brian Feldman <green@unixhelp.org>
Cc:        Doug Rabson <dfr@nlsystems.com>, "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>, "John W. DeBoskey" <jwd@unx.sas.com>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Boot.flp doesn't

On Sun, 10 Jan 1999, Brian Feldman wrote:

> On Sun, 10 Jan 1999, Andrzej Bialecki wrote:

> >  options NO_F00F_HACK
> Oh come on, NO_F00F_HACK? This is damned insubstantial. NO_LKM and NO_SWAPPING

Okay, I agree with you on this one.. :-) But the others DO make a
difference. OBTW, did I mention PCI_QUIET?

Anyway, I think we cannot escape splitting boot.flp, unless some other
media will literally kill floppies out of the market within next 6 months.
So, let's better think of it as a necessity, and prepare to do it
flexibly.

I for one would vote against crunchgen, and for some micro-packaging
model, so that it would be really straightforward to even construct your
own boot floppies by putting together binary pieces (like sh, bad144,
kernel modules etc..). At least this is the way I'll try to go with
PicoBSD, and see if it works at all ;-)

Andrzej Bialecki

 <abial@nask.pl>       ||PicoBSD||   FreeBSD in your pocket? Go and see:
 Research & Academic   |+-------+|       "Small & Embedded FreeBSD"