Date:      Sun, 28 Jun 1998 22:44:05 +0930
From:      Matthew Thyer <thyerm@camtech.net.au>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>, Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>, Matthew Thyer <Matthew.Thyer@dsto.defence.gov.au>, Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>, Jonathan Lemon <jlemon@americantv.com>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Booting from Microsoft (was: 'fatal trap 12' on boot (smp and up))

Greg Lehey wrote:

> I've put a lot of effort into making it clear that any attempt to boot
> FreeBSD from another running operating system or Microsoft product is
> a matter of luck at the best.  That notwithstanding, there's no reason
> to expect things to stay the way they are: somebody will get around to
> making it possible to boot from Microsoft's latest.

Sorry if I'm implying it's not documented.  I haven't read the
install docs for 2 years as I never have to re-install FreeBSD
(not like that Microsoft piece of ****).

> Greg
> --
> See complete headers for address and phone numbers
> finger grog@lemis.com for PGP public key

|Work: Matthew.Thyer@dsto.defence.gov.au | Home: thyerm@camtech.net.au|
"If it is true that our Universe has a zero net value for all conserved
quantities, then it may simply be a fluctuation of the vacuum of some
larger space in which our Universe is imbedded. In answer to the
question of why it happened, I offer the modest proposal that our
Universe is simply one of those things which happen from time to time."
 E. P. Tryon   from "Nature" Vol.246 Dec.14, 1973