Date:      05 Nov 1999 05:27:20 +0200
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        Juergen Lock <nox@jelal.kn-bremen.de>
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: nmap portscan hangs X server?

Juergen Lock <nox@jelal.kn-bremen.de> writes:

> Btw is your X the latest?  And if not, anyone who runs it want to give
> this a test?  If it still happens its probably worth a bug report to the
> XFree86 people...

I am running XFree-3.3.2, which is not the latest.  It is the version that
came with my FreeBSD 3.0-RELEASE CDs.  I have neglected to upgrade XFree
because doing it over my 28.8 Kbit/sec modem costs like hell in Greece where I
live.  Perhaps I should try to upgrade and see if it still hangs...

--
Giorgos Keramidas, <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
"What we have to learn to do, we learn by doing." [Aristotle]