Date:      Mon, 25 Sep 2000 07:04:27 +0200 (MEST)
From:      Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
To:        Peter Bornemann <eduard.epi@t-online.de>
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@freeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How to connect to T-online

You did not tell us what version you are using...

> But when starting spppcontrol I get a: SIOCIFGENERIC(SPPPIOSDEFS):
> Device busy. "spppcontrol isp0" then says only isp0: phase-establish
> and so on.

There is no spppcontrol in the current version of I4B, so if you just happened
to update from something earlier, you'll be using the wrong (old) spppcontrol
instead of the new ispppcontrol. This would just not work (TM).

If you are using an older version (a) you should update and (b) make sure
your isp interface is not trying to do a connection before you've set it
up correctly with (in that case) spppcontrol. I usualy start isdnd after
the initial (i)spppcontrol is run and ifconfig up the interface when the
isdnd daemon is running.

More general hints: do ifconfig isp0 debug to get more debug output loged to
syslog. This should provide you with enough information to discover other
errors.

Martin