Date:      Tue, 6 Feb 1996 18:09:33 +0000 ()
From:      francis yeung <fyeung@fyeung5.netific.com>
To:        ian_stewart@nyro.com
Cc:        dwalton@psiint.com, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Can FreeBSD be used in a commercial way?

Greetings,

	SunOS 4.x and Mips were both based on public domain BSD sources.
	I believe that HP uses the same code base.
	Only SVR4 (original AT&T) version need licenses. That is why
	Sun paid $85M to Novell.

	BSDI did the same thing. Did BSDI ever give FreeBSD anything
	in return ?

	There are companies selling Linux with their own enhancements
	and call it different name.

	The key is the support issue. Quite a few router companies's
	networking code was based on BSD too.

	Beside BSDI, is there anyone out there providing the similiar
	thing ?

	Francis