Date:      Fri,  3 Nov 2000 12:06:48 +0100 (CET)
From:      lwa@victor.teaser.fr
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Subject:   docs/22570: wrong entries in iso3166 (FX, PS)

>Number:         22570
>Category:       docs
>Synopsis:       wrong entries in iso3166 (FX, PS)
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Environment:

	FreeBSD current or stable version

I've noticed 2 wrong entries in /usr/share/misc/iso3166 file :

      - The entry with FX alpha-2 country code was not published in
ISO 3166-1 1997 edition. I've asked the Secretariat of the ISO 3166
Maintenance Agency for confirmation, here is theyre answer :

  The reason for this removal was that no use for FX was documented
  and it was apparent that this code element which was introduced into
  ISO 3166-1 at the wish of the French standards organization and of
  French statistics experts was not needed.

      - The numeric code of Palestine is 275 and the official name is
"Occupied Palestinian Territory" (according Newsletter V-2)

URL of the ISO 3166 Maintenance Agency :
http://www.din.de/gremien/nas/nabd/iso3166ma/

>How-To-Repeat:

       cat /usr/share/misc/iso3166

>Fix:

	remove the following entry in /usr/share/misc/iso3166
FX      FXX     249     France, Metropolitan

        change the entry
PS      PSE     999     Palestine
        by
PS      PSE     275     Occupied Palestinian Territory