Date:      Fri, 18 Feb 2005 14:54:54 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Ean Kingston" <ean@hedron.org>
To:        "Matthew Seaman" <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
Cc:        Liste FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Deinstalling perl module installed using CPAN

> On Fri, Feb 18, 2005 at 03:55:52PM +0100, BSD todoo wrote:
>
>> How to deinstall a perl module (bsdpan-MailTools-1.64) that has been
>> installed using CPAN ?
>
>     # pkg_delete bsdpan-MailTools-1.64

If it was installed with CPAN, it is not in the FreeBSD package database
so how is a pkg_delete going to uninstall it?

Last time I checked, CPAN did not have an uninstall option. Does anyone
know any better?

I think you can get an install list out of the source (which might be
somewhere in ~/.cpan) and remove all the appropriate files by hand but
this might leave perl in an unstable state.

--
Ean Kingston

E-Mail: ean_AT_hedron_DOT_org