Date:      Wed, 2 Dec 1998 06:36:56 -0500 (EST)
From:      Daniel Eischen <eischen@vigrid.com>
To:        eischen@vigrid.com, nate@mt.sri.com
Cc:        dillon@apollo.backplane.com, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it
Subject:   Re: TCP bug

> The strange thing is that 90% of the hosts on the net work.  It's those
> remaining 10% that don't work for some reason.
>
> (The masks appear to be set correctly though, else I wouldn't be able to
> get any traffic to the boxes...)

If 10% of your systems didn't have correct netmasks and default
gateways set, then that's exactly what you'd see.  You could
get traffic to them, but just no replies through the router.

If you sit at the router, can you ping those systems (assuming
they can be pinged)?

Dan Eischen
eischen@vigrid.com