Date:      Sun, 4 Aug 1996 03:12:39 +1000 (EST)
From:      michael butler <imb@asstdc.com.au>
To:        ernie@spooky.eis.net.au (Ernie Elu)
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sup failing for sup.freebsd.org

> I even had a worse experience that took me a week to figure out, one of the
> files on sup.au.freebsd.org in the /etc dir was truncated to about 25% of
> it's correct length and causing make world to fail. I only found it after
> ftping to ftp.freebsd.org and manually checking the file lengths on the
> -current files there.

Whilst I have been caught out by SUP this way before :-( Closer to home, you
could've tried ftp.asstdc.com.au:/pub/FreeBSD-current .. or
ftp2.au.freebsd.org or .. I'm sure there are more ..

> The point it the sup.au.freebsd.org files were unreliable in that instance
> and I would be keen to know if there is any work around?  I lost a lot of
> hours chasing that but I would prefer to use that site to keep the load off
> sup.freebsd.org which is the only site I trust at the moment.

 .. or sup2.au.freebsd.org which is also connected via Telstra in
Paddington. It's at least as reliable .. that is, when guys don't throw
petrol down Telstra cable pits and set them alight :-(

	michael