Date:      Sat, 4 Jan 1997 00:14:02 +0200
From:      "Iani Brankov" <ian@bulinfo.net>
To:        "Daniel Haischt" <danielh@privat.toplink.de>
Cc:        <database@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Oracle 8.0.5

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Haischt <danielh@privat.toplink.de>
To: freebsd-database@FreeBSD.ORG <freebsd-database@FreeBSD.ORG>
Date: Tuesday, December 01, 1998 8:35 PM
Subject: Oracle 8.0.5

>HIYA
>
>Is there anybody who installed the Oracle 8.0.5 database server
>successfully?
>
>I allways get the err message:
>
>===========================
>ELF binary type not known
>
>Abort trap
>===========================

You must enable linux emulation.
Try enabling it in /etc/rc.conf.
If you use version < 2.2 you have to recompile the kernel with Linux option
(see LINT)

Additionally you must install package linux_lib-2.6.
These are linux libraries needed for starting linux binaries.

And if you use freebsd compiled in elf - you need brandelf command to mark
these
linux elf binaries exactly as Linux ones.

I tried oracle 8.0.5, but I couldn't make it run properly.
After the initial messages almost all the binaries coredumped.

If you find the reason - let me know.

--ian