Date:      Sun, 01 Mar 2009 23:49:55 -0800
From:      Timothy Beyer <beyert@cs.ucr.edu>
To:        freebsd-ports-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        Timothy Beyer <beyert@cs.ucr.edu>
Subject:   Re: ports/132241: add LATEST_LINK to ports: lang/tcl84, lang/tcl85, lang/tcl86

Hi,

I just noticed that there already is a LATEST_LINK variable in every port that I patched, but it does not work for the port options file.  It seems that when my patches are applied, the ports I that I noted then get correct port options file paths, and as a bonus, the tcl8*-thread port option files start working correctly as well.  I don't really know why the old LATEST_LINK variables didn't work, maybe because they are bound after the port options file is determined. (?)

So my patches are still relevant, though the maintainer might want it written differently.

Tim