Date:      Thu, 8 Jun 1995 09:46:05 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Peter Dufault <dufault@hda.com>
To:        cshenton@apollo.hq.nasa.gov (Chris Shenton)
Cc:        bmk@dtr.com, hardware@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Digiboard PC/Xe support?

Chris Shenton writes:

> On Wed, 7 Jun 1995 15:00:13 -0400 (EDT), Peter Dufault <dufault@hda.com> said:
>

> Peter> The programming information is available only under NDA with
> Peter> Digiboard, and I didn't want to be in the hot seat for a
> Peter> binary-only distribution and so I instead went with a multiport
> Peter> Boca board for my application.
>
> It's supported? I remember seeing in the FAQ about serial boards that
> some didn't support HW flow control, and other various problems. Does
> the Boca do what you want?

The Boca board is working OK for me.  I have an 8 port board (the
BocaBoard BB1008) without modem control talking to four microprocessor
controlled devices using a custom line discipline (four lines are
spare).  The devices I'm talking to don't have modem control anyway.

As mentioned previously, the 16 port Boca board does have modem control.

Directions for configuring the Boca boards are in "man sio".

Peter

--
Peter Dufault               Real Time Machine Control and Simulation
HD Associates, Inc.         Voice: 508 433 6936