Date:      Tue, 2 Jul 2002 18:06:27 +0200
From:      "Manuel Kasper" <mk@neon1.net>
To:        <freebsd-small@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Guide to reducing FreeBSD (a.k.a miniBSD :)

> If you like I can give you a preliminary snap.  It'll be=20
> ready for public
> consumption as soon as I document it a bit (and incorporate=20
> your MiniBSD
> setup :-).

Hey, this sounds very nice; I have not yet dared to try anything from
-CURRENT yet, however. Guess I'll have to get into that stuff first...
;)

> The Makefile in /usr/src/release spells out the details of=3D20
> how to do it=3D20
> from
> scratch.

Ooops, should have RTFM, sorry... ;)

> Hm!  I've never used that nifty "Install Root"=3D20
> option.. Thanks!

I think to keep things simple I will just try the method of doing
another FreeBSD installation (using the CD-ROM) in a subdirectory and
using chroot with it. I'll add that to the guide as soon as I know that
it works.

Greets,

Manuel