Date:      Tue, 11 Apr 2000 04:40:09 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Jay Krell" <jay.krell@cornell.edu>
To:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: kern/17871: starting to accumulate undeletable directories

The following reply was made to PR kern/17871; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Jay Krell" <jay.krell@cornell.edu>
To: "Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai" <asmodai@wxs.nl>
Cc: <freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 04:40:52 -0700

 This file system caused repeated kernel panics. It was a new file system
 (like a day old), and I've been able to "sloppily repro" this is a lot,
 "just" by reinstall BSD from scratch, ftp over a
 FreeBSDCvsRepository.tar.gz, tar xvfz it, and try to rm -rf it, in parallel
 to the tar xvfz, build and fetch ports, hours to days of this (mainly of
 fetching and building ports and cvsuping the repository, only once per
 reinstall tar xvfz'ing the repository), and it always goes bad, with 3.4
 Release, 3.4-Current, 4.0-Release, and 4.0-Current. I've given up on FreeBSD
 for now and am giving Linux a shot. Maybe it's a hardware problem..

 I've had repeated file system corruption and hangs and panics with newly
 fresh BSD installs.

 The file system has been formatted over. What's ls -ailosF?

 Sorry,
  - Jay