Date:      Fri, 24 Jan 2003 15:04:13 -0800
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        Joerg Wunsch <joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de>
Cc:        "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Thinkpad 600E => Cardbus?

> Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 23:32:36 +0100
> From: Joerg Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
> Sender: owner-freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
>
> As Matthew N. Dodd wrote:
>
> > I got a 600E a month or so ago and have been working through the
> > issues so you're catching me at a good time.
>
> Mine arrived today.  Installing a 5.x from PCCARD stumples across
> the problem that no cards are found (someone already reported this
> to -current).  Also, i get an occasional panic in ACPI...
>
> What are you running there?

I'd run APM. The ACPI has a problem with the thermal sensors and will
crash the system if it is too warm. There are certainly work-arounds,
but apm works very well on the 600E, so it's probably easiest to use
it. (Don't forget to edit /boot/device.hints to not disable it like I
did!)

To get PCcards to be seen, enter the following in /boot/loader.conf:
hw.cbb.start_memory="536870912".

Also make sure that you have 'devd_enable="YES"' in rc.conf.

R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)