Date:      Wed, 19 Apr 2000 14:20:52 -0500
From:      Andrew_Bachler@Dell.com
To:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Dell 2400 FreeBSD 4.0 and SMP hangs System.

  I have a customer issue with FreeBSD 4.0 and SMP on a Dell 2450 server it
is the
   same RCC chipset as the Dell 2400 Sever listed in Bug Report Kern/16416.

  In my testing I was able to reproduce and was unable to get around the SMP
hang on
   reboot, even after a multiple kernel changes and HW configurations.

  Can you tell me if this problem is currently being worked or if a work
around
   is available, If not would it help if we shipped a system to your site to
help
   work the problem.

 Please let me know if I can be of any Help, fill free to call me at
  my number below.

Andrew Bachler
Dell Custom Server Engineering
Email : andrew_bachler@dell.com