Date:      Wed, 18 May 2016 06:13:59 +0000
From:      Glen Barber <gjb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-arm@freebsd.org" <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: armv6 ABI change

--6B2tGqeUN3NZMHUe

On Wed, May 18, 2016 at 12:11:26AM -0600, Warner Losh wrote:
> On Wed, May 18, 2016 at 12:07 AM, Glen Barber <gjb@freebsd.org> wrote:
>=20
> > On Wed, May 18, 2016 at 12:04:41AM -0600, Warner Losh wrote:
> > > As threatened a while ago, I've pulled the trigger on the armv6 ABI
> > change.
> > >
> > > Due to a busy life, I've not had time to make sure the new packages a=
re
> > in
> > > place, so there may be a delay while they are built, for which I
> > appologize.
> > >
> > > Other than that, I don't anticipate any problems since I've been runn=
ing
> > > versions of this patch for about a year now.
> > >

> > This week's snapshots are already in flight, and far too close to done
> > for it to make sense to reroll.  However, it works out for the best,
> > considering the package builders, etc.
> >
> > New armv6 images will be rolled ASAP, I'm hoping after the next armv6
> > package builds are done.
> >
> > Thank you, Warner, for this work.
>=20
>=20
> Let's wait until next week, since that will give packages a chance to cat=
ch
> up.
>=20

To clarify, by "ASAP", I mean "next time I have time to kick the script
and make sure everything is okay."  It wasn't commit-generated thing. :)

But end of next week is start of code slush, so there's no rush for the
first set of "start of release cycle" images.

Glen

--6B2tGqeUN3NZMHUe

--6B2tGqeUN3NZMHUe--