Date:      Sat, 15 Mar 2003 16:25:29 -0800
From:      Pat Lashley <patl+freebsd@volant.org>
To:        Larry Rosenman <ler@lerctr.org>, Lukas Ertl <l.ertl@univie.ac.at>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Laptop compatility list

--==========1854522778==========

--On Saturday, March 15, 2003 18:19:11 -0600 Larry Rosenman=20
<ler@lerctr.org> wrote:

> --On Sunday, March 16, 2003 00:54:09 +0100 Lukas Ertl
> <l.ertl@univie.ac.at> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 14 Mar 2003, Lukas Ertl wrote:
>>
>>> If I have some spare time on the weekend I'll try to setup a prototype.
>>
>> Ok, guys, I have a barebone prototype up and running:
>>
>> <http://gerda.univie.ac.at/freebsd-laptops/>;
>>
>> Don't mind the layout, this is gonna change for sure, it's just that I
>> had the CSS lying around.
>>
>> Please test it, submit your laptop info and tell me what you think. :-)
> You might want to add USB info, and FreeBSD 4.8.

I'd also like to see processor type & speed entries; and possibly entries
for the video and audio chipsets.

And it didn't seem to like it when I tried to specify the screen resolution
with a depth - it rejected 1024x76x16 but accepted 1024x768.  (Also the=20
error
message said the entry was too long and indicated that the maxim length was
50 characters...)

-Pat