Date:      Wed, 29 May 2002 19:28:27 -0600
From:      Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
To:        Pete Ehlke <pde@ehlke.net>, David Kelly <dkelly@HiWAAY.net>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Washing Beige Beastie Hat?

At 07:10 PM 5/29/2002, Pete Ehlke wrote:

>I don't wear baseball caps, but I do recall having seen plastic frames
>designed to support them and maintain their shape through a washing. If
>you're in the US, your local K-Mart, Wal-Mart, or, if you're in or near
>a more agricultural area, farmer's supply store may have such devices.

I have one of these frames; the brand name is "Ball Cap Buddy" and it
works like a charm. I run caps through the dishwasher with it, on the
upper rack, using non-chlorine dishwasher detergent (Seventh Generation
brand gel, available at any health food store; look for the light blue
bottle). Works like a charm.

Don't worry about the hat's bill being unwashable; I've never had a baseball
cap whose bill had any trouble with washing.

Oh, and if you can, use a good, strong vacuum cleaner to vacuum as much
clay as possible off of the hat before washing it.

--Brett Glass