Date:      Sun, 23 Jan 2011 20:17:54 +0100
From:      Torfinn Ingolfsen <torfinn.ingolfsen@broadpark.no>
To:        freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PowerPC installer

More feedback on the installer:
I put another SATA hard drive in my PowerMac G5, and decided to install
on that. This shows up as ad1 in boot messages.
As usual, I do this from the boot prompt:
set ha.ata.atapi_dma=0
boot -v

>From the installer menu, I select
Install
Guided
Auto (use entire disk...)
and Finished.
After partitioning the drive, the installer prints
Checking distribution archives.
Please wait...

and then nothing more happens. The machine is still alive (the caps
lock LED turns on and off when the key is used, and if I unplug the
mouse messages are printed on the screen).
This lasts for about three or four minutes, the the "Archive
Extraction" screen comes up, and the installation starts.

After that the installation finishes normally (with the fans on full
blast, but hey)
--
Torfinn