Date:      Mon, 22 Feb 1999 06:22:06 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        dyson@iquest.net
Cc:        cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us, jackv@earthling.net, freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: linux in New York Times

> The fact is:
>
> 	The best marketeer wins.  Code quality is important, but not nearly
> 	as important as the smoke and mirrors.

I have gone so far as to tell a VP of Engineering I was under at the
time that the only thing good engineering or user interface is for is
repeat sales, and the primary value of any company is its ability to
market.

Even if I walk on water, as an engineer, it's no good unless someone
buys tickets to watch me do it.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---