Date:      Mon, 05 Nov 2001 07:49:52 -0800 (PST)
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Wilko Bulte <wkb@freebie.xs4all.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG, "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: CFR:  Hardware notes update for Alpha architecture

On 05-Nov-01 Wilko Bulte wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 04, 2001 at 05:49:26PM -0800, Bruce A. Mah wrote:
>
> Hi Bruce,
>
> I've been busy with things like business travel. Sorry for the delay.
>
> My comments:
>
> - I'm not too sure EISA (like the Adaptec 1740) works on Alpha.
>   I don't have any EISA capable Alphas so I invite comments from those
>   that have.

The 4100's need the 'eisa' bus to find the 'isa' bus, but I'm not sure eisa
devices are supported.  We do at least minimally support the bus itself however.

> - Any reference to VLB is bogus on Alpha
> - DEFPA works on ALpha (Ihave 2 DEFPA). I think DEFEA (EISA) does not work.
>   Comments?
> - I doubt USB ethernet was ever tested on Alpha.

It hasn't been tested, but I would expect for it work as USB in general works.

> - Same for USB ZIP on alpha.

USB floppy did work, so USB zip should probably work as well.  USB keyboards
and mice also worked on the XP900 I tested USB support on.