Date:      Sun, 24 Aug 1997 17:58:37 +0200
From:      Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Splitting up sysinstall for some user services..

According to Jordan K. Hubbard:
> Hmmm - strange.  Yes, it's definitely meant to and seems to do so
> just fine in my tests.

Speaking of sysinstall, I put my brand new 4.3 GB DCAS into my machine and
due to my kernel configuration (see below), it showed up as sd14. sysinstall
(from July, 20th approx.) was unable to see it.

BEFORE

# NCR0
disk		sd0 at scbus0 target 0 unit 0
disk		sd1 at scbus0 target 1
disk		sd2 at scbus0 target 2
disk		sd3 at scbus0 target 3
# NCR1
disk		sd10 at scbus1 target 0
disk		sd11 at scbus1 target 1
disk		sd12 at scbus1 target 2
disk		sd13 at scbus1 target 3

I recompiled with

disk		sd1 at scbus0 target 6        (the DCAS is using ID#6)

and sysinstall was able to see it... It seems unable to either see the
drives on the other controller or is having problem with "sdNN" where NN is

--
Ollivier ROBERT -=- FreeBSD: There are no limits -=- roberto@keltia.freenix.fr
FreeBSD keltia.freenix.fr 3.0-CURRENT #23: Sun Jul 20 18:10:34 CEST 1997