Date:      Sun, 19 Nov 2000 09:44:00 -0800
From:      "David O'Brien" <obrien@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Jamil Taylor <jamil_taylor@pobox.com>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 4.2-RC1 not (easily) bootable

On Sun, Nov 19, 2000 at 11:59:22AM -0500, Jamil Taylor wrote:
> What if you have multiple drives in your system?

Even more reason to use slices -- presumably at least one of the other
two have a M$ OS on it.

> Wouldn't "dangerously dedicated" yield more disk space for use?

Surely you can spare the 1MB or so using a proper MBR and slice table
would take away from you.

> No other operating systems use that drive, so I saw no reason not to
> make it dangerously dedicated.

But it is a good idea to mark the disk properly so M$ utils and things
like Partition Magic, System Commander, etc.. will know that disk
contains data.

--
-- David  (obrien@FreeBSD.org)
          GNU is Not Unix / Linux Is Not UniX