Date:      Mon, 19 Aug 1996 01:48:18 +0800
From:      Mitsuru IWASAKI <iwasaki@pc.jaring.my>
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Subject:   docs/1511: uart.sgml has some typos

>Number:         1511
>Category:       docs
>Synopsis:       uart.sgml has some typos
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Release:        FreeBSD 2.2-CURRENT i386
>Environment:

N/A

	There are some typos in uart.sgml.

>How-To-Repeat:

N/A

>Fix:

*** /usr/src/share/doc/handbook/uart.sgml	Wed Feb 28 05:49:54 1996
--- uart.sgml	Sun Aug 18 18:11:22 1996
***************
*** 505,511 ****
  	"N"	DIP	(dual inline package) through hole straight lead type
  	"V"	LPCC	(lead plastic chip carrier) J lead type</verb>

! 	The "<em>g</em>" is the product grade field.  If an "I" preceeds
  	the package-type letter, it indicates an "industrial" grade part,
  	which has higher specs than a standard part but not as high as
  	Miltary Specification (Milspec) component.  This is an optional field.
--- 505,511 ----
  	"N"	DIP	(dual inline package) through hole straight lead type
  	"V"	LPCC	(lead plastic chip carrier) J lead type</verb>

! 	The "<em>g</em>" is the product grade field.  If an "I" precedes
  	the package-type letter, it indicates an "industrial" grade part,
  	which has higher specs than a standard part but not as high as
  	Miltary Specification (Milspec) component.  This is an optional field.
***************
*** 526,532 ****
  	In internal modems, the modem designer will frequently emulate the
  	8250A/16450 with the modem microprocessor, and the emulated UART will
  	frequently have a hidden buffer consisting of several hundred bytes.
! 	Because of the suze of the buffer, these emulations can be as
  	reliable as a 16550A in their ability to handle high speed data.
  	However, most operating systems will still report that
  	the UART is only a 8250A or 16450, and may not make effective use
--- 526,532 ----
  	In internal modems, the modem designer will frequently emulate the
  	8250A/16450 with the modem microprocessor, and the emulated UART will
  	frequently have a hidden buffer consisting of several hundred bytes.
! 	Because of the size of the buffer, these emulations can be as
  	reliable as a 16550A in their ability to handle high speed data.
  	However, most operating systems will still report that
  	the UART is only a 8250A or 16450, and may not make effective use
***************
*** 638,644 ****
  	functionality.  COMTEST appears to turn a blind eye to the
  	differences within the National product line and reports no errors
  	on the National parts (except for the original 16550) even when
! 	there are official erattas that describe bugs in the A, B and C
  	revisions of the parts, so this bias in COMTEST must be taken into
  	account.

--- 638,644 ----
  	functionality.  COMTEST appears to turn a blind eye to the
  	differences within the National product line and reports no errors
  	on the National parts (except for the original 16550) even when
! 	there are official erratas that describe bugs in the A, B and C
  	revisions of the parts, so this bias in COMTEST must be taken into
  	account.

***************
*** 948,954 ****
  				to DCD.