Date:      Wed, 29 May 2002 18:38:39 -0700
From:      Gregory Sutter <gsutter@zer0.org>
To:        David Kelly <dkelly@HiWAAY.net>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Washing Beige Beastie Hat?

--BRE3mIcgqKzpedwo

On 2002-05-29 20:03 -0500, David Kelly <dkelly@HiWAAY.net> wrote:
> > David Kelly wrote:
> > > Maybe this is better suited to FreeBSD-questions but thought to try
> > > here first: Dropped my nice beige FreeBSD hat on Alabama red clay
> > > dust, which stuck like glue. Know any safe ways to wash it?
>=20
> I was too brief. The hat says its 100% cotton but I'm worried about the=
=20
> bill being made of cardboard or something which would be destroyed if I=
=20
> put it in the washing machine.

For the well-worn look, just put it in the washer.  When it comes out,
reshape it by putting it on your head and adjusting the brim to the
shape you want, then hang dry.  (Remove from your head before hanging
to dry.)

I can't warrant how long your headgear will last, but it will be nicely
broken in after a washing or two.

Greg
--=20
Gregory S. Sutter                       "How do I read this file?"
mailto:gsutter@zer0.org                 "You uudecode it."
http://www.zer0.org/~gsutter/           "I I I decode it?"
hkp://wwwkeys.pgp.net/0x845DFEDD

--BRE3mIcgqKzpedwo