Date:      Tue, 11 Jul 2000 00:30:22 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Charlie ROOT <root@hammerfell.dhs.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sound still messed up.

Sound works fine over here (3.4-R), but I have noticed noise on mouse and
HD activity.  Then again, I remember hearing such noises under Linux and
Windoze, and have resigned myself to live with it until I:
a) get a sound card with an external power supply,
b) get a sound card with digital output, or
c) take out the old soldering iron and attach a capacitor across the ISA
   bus power contacts.

:)

bash-2.03$ cat /dev/sndstat
VoxWare Sound Driver:3.5-alpha15-970902 (Wed Aug  6 22:58:35 PDT 1997
Amancio Hasty@rah.star-gate.com)
Config options:

Installed drivers:
Type 2: SoundBlaster
Type 6: SoundBlaster16
Type 7: SB16 MIDI

Card config:
SoundBlaster at 0x220 irq 7 drq 1
SoundBlaster16 at 0xffffffff irq 1 drq 5

Audio devices:
0: SoundBlaster 16 4.5

Synth devices:

Midi devices: