Date:      28 Jun 1999 11:38:10 -0400
From:      Chris Shenton <cshenton@uucom.com>
To:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Lexmark 3200 printer, PCL3 supposedly (color inkjet, cheap)

I searched the archives but didn't find anything on Lexmark. Found
some talk about not buying windoze-only printers, which I understand
and agree with. Anyway:

Picked up a Lexmark 3200 color inkjet last week, $89 after rebates
from manufacturer and PriceClub -- hard to resist.

The docs of course say *nothing* about what language it speaks, just
load up the latest driver into the-only-operating-system-on-the-planet,
Windows, and everything will be fine. Of course it works OK under Windoze.

I called up Lexmark and they tell me the printer actually speaks
PCL3.  Looked through the Alladin Ghostscript docs and seems there's
lots of changes since I last built/installed, including a "uniprint"
driver which I don't quite get yet.

To make it short: anyone using Lexmark 3200 or similar printers on
FreeBSD? with Ghostscript? which drivers?

Thanks.