Date:      17 Aug 2001 03:27:00 +0930
From:      Andrew Reid <andrew.reid@plug.cx>
To:        Paul Robinson <paul@akita.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: RADIUS Accounting with SQUID

On 15 Aug 2001 09:43:31 +0100, Paul Robinson wrote:

> RFC2866 and you might want RFC2882.
>
> I'm rather confused how you are going to integrate this with Squid... what
> were you thinking of exactly?

Well, we (Glenunga International High School, Adelaide, South Australia)
have written an Internet Quota system to stop students using too much of
our bandwidth. This was a requirement of us getting a nice 11Mbps
Wireless link, as the increased bandwidth would most certainly put us in
the financial poo if it went unchecked.

So, we've got something, working and I'm happy. I've decided that I want
to be able to get some more information. Things like per-user MRTG-ish
graphs and the like would be great.

I've not had much to do with RADIUS, but I know that it provides some
accounting functionality. I thought that the two (SQUID and RADIUS)
could be mushed together somehow to provide a slightly more workable
solution to Internet Quota.

Does that provide a reasonably useful picture?

   - andrew

--
void signature () {
	cout << "Andrew Reid -- andrew.reid@plug.cx" << endl ;