Date:      Wed, 15 Jul 1998 00:50:02 -0400
From:      "Gary Palmer" <gpalmer@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Brandon Lockhart <brandon@engulf.net>
Subject:   Re: Disgruntled Linux User... questions about FreeBSD

Brandon Lockhart wrote in message ID
<Pine.BSF.3.96.980714195524.17353A-100000@engulf.net>:
> What are you talking about, I was talking about for a HIGHLY used server,
> as in, more then cdrom.com, and I was talking about a REAL server, not a
> PC supped up.  I am talking about a rack mount server, a REAL server.
> Which in case you where out of the loop, most REAL servers use RISC.

So you discount Sun UE series machines? Most of those are not Rack
Mount. And, incase you hadn't noticed, this is the FreeBSD mailing list.
Which means, like it or not, people running on Intel architecture
(currently at least). You have have strong opinions about the
poor architecture, but its here for a while, and people reading
this list are using it.

So if you could keep the S/N ratio acceptable, a whole bunch of people
would appreciate it :)

Gary