Date:      Tue, 17 Nov 1998 16:12:05 +0300 (MSK)
From:      "Andrew A. Bely" <taurus@cave.garant.ru>
Subject:   Re: SB 16 with Vibra chip

On Tue, 17 Nov 1998, Luigi Rizzo wrote:

> x11amp should work with the pcm driver.

x11amp DOES NOT WORK with the pcm driver for me. I have FreeBSD 3.0
release installed, using AOpen AW35 (Crystal 4237B) with pcm driver.
x11amp reports :

Incompatible OSS Driversoss sysinfo=0: 0

x11amp was installed from ports collection.
More: using other mp3 players is possible (mpg123 and amp was tested) but
there are short pauses (or breaks? - sorry for my English) in the sound.
On my friend's Linux box mpg123 works fine, and I think it is drivers
problem...

The second question is that 'cat /dev/sndstat' shows:

FreeBSD Audio Driver (981002) Nov  2 1998 22:30:39
Installed devices:
pcm1: <CS4237> at 0x530 irq 5 dma 1:3
sequencer1: <???> at 0x388 (not functional)

Possible, I do something wrong... Thanks for any help!

  Andrew A. Bely
  Software developer in Garant-Service, Moscow, Russia.