Date:      Tue, 11 Dec 2018 13:02:36 -0700
From:      "Russell L. Carter" <rcarter@pinyon.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HOWTO safely unmount remove USB zfs sdcard

On 12/11/18 11:37 AM, Michael Sierchio wrote:
> I've been holding back, but - why? Why abuse an SD card that way?  My
> back-of-the-envelope estimate is that it halves the life of the card.

A) Rescue a system.
B) Refamiliarize myself with bringing up zfs pools and datasets.
C) I have dozens of sdcards.  It's been 12 months since I even touched
    one.
D) Not least, learn how to attach/detach physical zfs drives.

To really grasp the awfulness of my crime, consider that I only put
about 100MB on a 64GB (nominal) sdcard.  It's now back on the pile.

I will try to empathize with my sdcard population more, I promise :-)

Cheers,
Russell