Date:      Mon, 2 Apr 2001 21:17:53 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Tom Samplonius <tom@sdf.com>
To:        Sean Chittenden <sean-freebsd-isp@chittenden.org>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: djbdns or tinydns

On Mon, 2 Apr 2001, Sean Chittenden wrote:

> 	This sounds like a kernel limit and not a dnscache limit as
> I've run sites that were doing more than 200 requests per second and
> never saw any problems....  have you tweaked your kernel at all?  -sc

  No, 200 simultaneous UDP requests.  It is a hardcoded limit in
dnscache.  Active UDP requests is the second to last number of the stats
line in the main log.  It can not exceed 200.  I'm hopeful that code can
be patched to bring it up to at least 250.

  There are no kernel limits that would affect requests per second.

Tom