Date:      Tue, 4 Nov 1997 01:09:00 -0800 (PST)
From:      Dmitry Kohmanyuk <dk@dog.farm.org>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, dk@farm.org
Subject:   Re: mv /usr/src/games /dev/null - any objections?

In article <5124.878612921@time.cdrom.com> you wrote:
> > I would get behind a proposal to eliminate all the real "games" while leaving
> > the rest, but I strongly oppose deleting the whole directory.

> But as you just said yourself, those things which fall into the
> "useful" category also AREN'T GAMES, so why the heck would you want to
> preserve /usr/src/games strictly for a family of utilities which don't
> even belong there?

> By all means, move the misfiled items into /usr/src/usr.bin or
> wherever they belong as non-games, but don't preserve this hierarchy
> for the very worst of reasons, please!

While you are there, don't forget to remove or rename /usr/ports/web
because the word `web' is a trademark of Microsoft (they bought the
company with this name some time ago.)  Heck, nuke /bin/sh.  Do you
remember those gas stations?

I am wondering where this american legal braindamage can lead us.

As for me, a system without fortune and adventure is not a BSD Unix.

;-)

--
quote of the day: `