Date:      Mon, 24 Oct 2005 07:08:03 -0700
From:      Bill Fenner <fenner@research.att.com>
To:        Ceri Davies <ceri@submonkey.net>
Cc:        www@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CGI Style conversion

My current status is that I've updated nearly all of the scripts to
be XHTML (the holdouts are mailindex and cvsweb, and the current
cvsweb release is XHTML so we just have to import that), and cgi-style
knows how to output either XHTML or HTML4 DOCTYPE on request.  I've
tested all of the scripts, including the ones that I was having
trouble testing.  I discovered that hub's web area wasn't getting
updated because of shuffling around of web services, which Wolfram
fixed.

So, I'm ready to commit the first phase.  Anyone want to do any
further testing before I do so?  The diffs are at
http://people.freebsd.org/~fenner/newcgi.diff .

>Would I be able to talk you into looking at dosendpr.cgi so
>that we can get rid of html.pl?

I had started out thinking that I could make stub functions for
the html.pl functionality in cgi-style, but haven't looked into it
deeply.  New-look-ifying the html.pl users is on my list, but
making the new look available in the first place was my primary
goal and I might not have cycles to continue the project after
this part is done.

>(this is also a blocker on any possible GNATS4 upgrade).

Sorry, I'm too dense to understand why?

  Bill