Date:      Fri, 12 Nov 1999 11:11:25 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
To:        Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mode_perl DSO works on STABLE, not CURRENT

On Thu, 11 Nov 1999 00:45:52 +0100, Ollivier Robert wrote:

> Your Perl binary is compiled without '-Wl,-E' (or
> '-Wl,--export-dynamic').  Without this option the Perl binary doesn't
> expoert its symbols thus preventing any dynamically loaded module to
> use anything from the binary.
>
> The official Perl distribution and the one in CURRENT (and 3.3-STABLE)
> have been fixed a long time ago.

I have a week old CURRENT here for which I don't mess with the perl
build at all.  So whatever CURRENT's perl is supposed to do, mine does.
:-)

Mark Murray pointed out that the only significant difference between
STABLE and CURRENT in this regard is the compiler.  That's unfortunate,
because this really does put any solution out of my reach.

I'll mark the port broken for CURRENT. :-(

Ciao,
Sheldon.