Date:      Thu, 4 Mar 1999 14:46:43 +0100
From:      ANDREAS.KLEMM.AK@bayer-ag.de
To:        "        -         (052)dg(a)FreeBSD.ORG" <dg@FreeBSD.ORG>, "        -         (052)dillon(a)FreeBSD.ORG" <dillon@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        "        -         (052)hackers(a)FreeBSD.ORG" <hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>, "        -         (052)hardware(a)FreeBSD.ORG" <hardware@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   FreeBSD 2.2.8-STABLE: which fast ethernet card, which is ava

=0AHi !

Please help, it burns. Could you please tell me, what Ethernet Card is
currently
best supported by FreeBSD 2.2.8-STABLE ?

The tx0 driver as it is now, seems to suck a lot. I have nothing than p=
roblems.
My collegue just lost a vi session and lost two hours of work. I have t=
o get
rid
of the SMC PCI network card.

But, which card can I buy ??? I wanted to have an Intel Etherexpress Pr=
o/100B,
but when I look on intels webpage, they only have new cards with 82558 =
and
82559
chipset ... Well, what rocks for FreeBSD 2.2.8, what is available now ?=
??

It*%s really urgent, I*%d appreciate any kind of help, many thanks ...

 Andreas ///=