Date:      Fri, 21 Sep 2001 16:47:08 -0600
From:      Denver Timothy <dlt@mail.freeshell.org>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Sony R505

I am seriously looking at laptops-- something small and light that I
can put FreeBSD on.

I think I have narrowed my search down to two:

Sony R505: This one looks neat, but information seems to be greatly
lacking.  From what I have been able to read, the Intel 815 chipset
stuff may make this one too incompatible to be useful.

Dell Inspiron 2100: I am quite confident in this one. I had
experience with an earlier Inspiron 5000 and it worked great! I
guess my only question about this one is does the sound chip work
with FreeBSD? The specs list it as "Crystal CS4281 interface to
AC97".

Any comments would be greatly appreciated! ;-)

--
Denver Timothy
dlt@mail.freeshell.org