Date:      Wed, 20 Dec 2000 08:39:41 -0300 (ART)
From:      Fernando Schapachnik <fpscha@ns1.via-net-works.net.ar>
To:        j mckitrick <jcm@FreeBSD-uk.eu.org>
Cc:        security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: security levels for sysinstall

En un mensaje anterior, j mckitrick escribió:

> I apologize in advance if this is the wrong place to ask this question, but
> questions- didn't offer any help after several tries.
>
> I would like to see exactly what each of the security profiles in sysinstall
> does.  I will install FreeBSD on a laptop with a dialup connection, and I
> don't want to have to worry about security when I am connected.  I will set
> up the same ipfw firewall as I have now.  I would also like icq and similar
> toys to work okay, but I will not be running any services on my machine.

It seems you want to select medium and comment everything from
inetd.conf. High kind of does this, but also raises the securelevel
(man init).

Regards.

Fernando P. Schapachnik
Administración de la red
VIA NET.WORKS ARGENTINA S.A.
fschapachnik@vianetworks.com.ar
Conmutador: (54-11) 4323-3333 - Soporte: 0810-333-AYUDA