Date:      Mon, 12 Oct 1998 09:49:23 -0500
From:      "Richard M. Neswold" <rneswold@drmemory.fnal.gov>
To:        "David L. Vondrasek" <david@davidv.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Questions List <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: WindowMaker ports...

If memory serves, didn't David L. Vondrasek say:

> >     I installed WindowMaker-0.20 port, but it gave me "bus error"
> >
> >     So I decided to reinstall WindowMaker-0.19, but I can't find the
> > port and the source file.  Can you tell me where I can get the past
> > ports? Particularly Windowmaker-0.19?
>
> Well if you get it to compile, I'd like to know HOW !. I've been tring
> for 2 weeks and it will not compile, much less install.I've tried the
> ports tree in 2.2.7-R , and also ftping to freebsd.org and getting a
> CURRENT tar, bot error out, but with differnt errors.*sigh*

I had problems compiling windowmaker-0.20.1, as well. Once I updated the
*.mk files, however, it built like a champ. Just cvsup over the latest
sources (I'm using 2.2.7). Then copy /usr/src/share/mk/* over /usr/share/mk
to get the latest makefile rules.

Now back to the original poster's problem (which I am also experiencing):
windowmaker installs fine, but it gives a SIGBUS when it runs. I recompiled
the port with debug information, generated another core file and tried to
see where it failed. Unfortunately, the stack frame gave a bunch of ??s
which didn't help. Anyone else have this problem?

--
  Rich