Date:      Wed, 19 Aug 1998 12:25:23 -0500 (EST)
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@www.hotjobs.com>
To:        "Ron G. Minnich" <rminnich@sarnoff.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sfork()?

yes, evil evil evil man pages. :)

and, actually John Dyson told me about rfork, i thought it was "fixed"
though.

the argument that rfork shouldn't copy the stack is bogus, as fork does
it, and copying the stack in userland sounds silly. (wrapping a call to
rfork)

what are the implications of doing certain things after the cludged split?
what i mean will exit() and other stuff be munged?

the wrapper John gave me is interesting (still trying to get it to work,
as i'm confused about the arguments) but i _think_ you can't return from
your "thread" because the stack just isn't there.

are people still working on kernel threads instead of userland threads?

Alfred Perlstein - Programmer, HotJobs Inc. - www.hotjobs.com
-- There are operating systems, and then there's BSD.
-- http://www.freebsd.org/