Date:      Fri, 20 Jun 1997 23:16:22 +0100 (BST)
From:      Andrew Gordon <arg@arg1.demon.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   NewMedia "LiveWire" Ethernet card?

I have recently received one of the above PCMCIA cards.  It is not
recognized by FreeBSD2.2(+PAO).

Having prized the lid off the card, I find that it uses the
AMD 79C940 chip, so the lnc driver looks possible (though is the
79C940 compatible with the 79C960?).  However, the lnc driver
doesn't appear to have been adapted for pccard support.

Anyone have any comment on whether hacking the lnc driver is
likely to be easy or successful?  Or would I do better to bin
this card and buy a supported one?